For parents who have lodged an Appeal with the School by the deadline previously stated, please be advised that the Clerk to the Appeals Panel is currently convening the independent Appeals Panel and you will be notified in due course when your Appeal Hearing will be held.
WCGS Admissions Officer
24th April 2017
Appeals – Transfer to Secondary School Year 7 September 2017
Provided a valid application to join Wallington County Grammar School has been unsuccessful and you have not been offered a place at our School, parents/carers have the right of appeal.
A valid application to Wallington County Grammar School constituted of:
• your son must have met the Wallington County Grammar School pass mark in the Selective
• you must have named Wallington County Grammar School on the CAF
Please refer to the dates timetabled dates below, but in the first instance you must contact the school in writing to request an Appeals pack (this can be done only from National Offer Day on 1st March 2017 when you know you have been unsuccessful in being offered a place at Wallington County Grammar School). An Appeals Pack will include a covering letter, an Appeals Information sheet for Transfer to Secondary School and an Appeal Against Admission Form for you to complete and return along with any supporting documents. As per the
This form MUST be completed and returned to the School by no later than Wednesday 29th March 2017 at midday - see below) and should be marked for the attention of the Clerk to the Appeals Panel.
The Clerk to the Appeals Panel will then convene an independent Appeals Panel to hear all appeals.
As stated on the Appeal Against Admission Form, any evidence or supporting documentation submitted less than 2 weeks before the appeal hearing, or brought in on the day, may not be considered by the panel.
Timetable for Appeals for 2017 Entry into Year 7
- Contact the School to request an Appeals Pack - this can be done from 1st March 2017.
- Returning your completed Appeal Against Admission Form & copies of any supporting documentaton - the Appeals Form and copies of any supporting documentation are to be returned to the School by Wednesday 29th March 2017 at Midday and marked for the attention of the Clerk to the Appeals Panel.
- Notice to Appellant of Appeal Hearing - you will be contacted by the Clerk to the Appeals Panel and given at least 10 school days notice of when your appeal will be heard. Appeal hearings are arranged by the Clerk to the Appeals Panel who is independent from the school, and he/she will appoint an independent appeals panel to hear the formal appeals.
- When will my appeal be heard? – Your appeal will be heard between April and June 2017 (no more than 40 schools days after the deadline to lodge all appeals) and definitely no later than 16th June 2017. You will be informed of your appeal hearing date in writing.
- Notification of the decision – This will be within 5 school days of the appeals hearing wherever possible and you will be informed of the outcome of your appeal by the Clerk to the Appeals Panel.
Appeals for other Year Groups and/or Mid-Term Application Appeals
Provided a valid application to join Wallington County Grammar School has been unsuccessful, parents/carers have the right to appeal against its decision. This is normally once your child has sat an entrance test and is found to be, or not to be, of selective ability.
Please contact the school in writing to request an Appeals pack. This Appeals Pack will include a covering letter, an Appeals Information sheet and an Appeal Against Admission Form for you to complete and return along with any supporting documents. This MUST be returned to the School by the date specified and marked for the attention of the Clerk to the Appeals Panel.
The deadline for receipt of appeals information and supporting documentation will be documented in your covering letter posted with your Appeals Pack.
The date your Appeal will be heard and when the outcome of your Appeal will be communicated to you, will also be documented in your letter but will be a maximum of 30 school days after your mid-term appeal is lodged.