The SENCo (Special Educational Needs Coordinator) is a teacher who coordinates the provision for children with special educational needs or disabilities in schools. The member of staff at WCGS who has been delegated responsibiltiy for SENCo is Mrs L.King. The designated Governor for SEN is Mrs J. Rowley.
The Role of the SENCo is to:
- Co-ordinate and manage the Special Needs work throughout the School;
- Ensure that the SEND Code of Practice: 0-25 years is implemented and followed;
- Keep up-to-date lists of students with special needs, reporting to the examinations secretary about students who will need special examination requirements;
- Assess and identify students’ needs and implement our SEN policy;
- Attend and contribute to regular review meetings;
- Liaise with Heads of Year and assist with counselling of students.
For full details or our SEN Policy and Sen Information Report please click on the links below:
SEN Information Report
Parents can access further information by visiting the following link:
Sutton Information & Advice Support Service