Wallington County Grammar School takes all aspects of safeguarding and child protection seriously. We have robust recruitment and child protection policies in place and staff are trained appropriately in child protection, safeguarding, PREVENT and safer recruitment.
Our safeguarding policy ensures that all members of the school community
- Are aware of their responsibilities in relation to safeguarding and child protection
- Know the proceedures that should be followed if they have a cause for concern
- Know where to go to find additional information regarding safeguarding
- Are aware of the key indicators relating to child abuse
- Fully support the School’s commitment to safeguarding and child protection.
Please click on the link below for a copy of our Safeguarding Policy.
Prevent is part of the Government's counter-terroism strategy CONTEST. Its aim is to stop people becoming terroists or supporting terrorism.
As a school we recognise that safeguarding against radicalisation is no different from safeguarding against any other vulnerability. Our Anti-Radicalisation Policy sets out our beliefs, strategies and procedures to protect vulnerable individuals from being radicalised or exposed to extremism, by identifying who they are and providing them with support.
Our zero tolerance approach to extremism and terrorism includes interventions, exclusions and involving third parties such as the police. As is our responsibility under law, we will do our utmost to safeguard our pupils from being drawn into extremism and terrorism.
We encourage any pupil, parent/carer, staff member or member of the wider school community to let our Designated Safeguarding Lead know if they have concerns about:
- Pupils becoming radicalised
- Groups, clubs or societies with extremist or radical views
- Friends and/or families of pupils becoming radicalised or involved in extremism
- Pupils planning to visit known areas of conflict
- Members of the school and wider community attempting to draw young and/or vulnerable pupils into extremism.
Please click on the link below for our full Anti-Radicalisation Policy:
As of September 2014, the DfE requires all schools to promote the historical and current values that underpin the national identity of being British. Within this, all schools are required to ensure that the curriculum actively promotes these fundamental British Values. At Wallington County Grammar School all pupils are encouraged to regard people of all faiths, religions and cultures with respect and tolerance. Through our school culture and ethos we promote and facilitate our students’ understanding of right and wrong, English civil and criminal law, and the essential values of Britain.
Please click on the link below for full details of our British Values Policy:
British Values Policy
The Designated Safeguarding Lead in this school is:
Mr David Jones, Deputy Headteacher
The School adheres to the following three DFE safeguarding documents:
Working together to Safeguard Children 2015
Keeping Children Safe in Education 2016
Prevent DFE Guidance
For further information please read these documents:
What to do if you are worried a child is being abused