Selective Eligibility Test (SET), Online Registration Form & SET FAQs
Postponement of the Selective Eligibility Test
We have taken the difficult decision to postpone this year's Selective Eligibility Test, due to be held on Tuesday 15th September 2020. This will allow candidates time to settle back into their normal school routines and for schools to plan the tests in light of imminently expected Government guidance.
We will not be able to confirm a new date for the SET until the GCSE and A level examination boards publish their timetable for the Autumn Series as we will need to avoid any clash between the two. Our current intention is for the Selective Eligibility Test (and second stage tests for those schools who have these) to take place in November and we will confirm this at the beginning of the autumn term.
This necessary delay means that the Selective Eligibility Test will now take place after the deadline for submission of your Local Authority Common Application Form (31st October 2020). Any questions about this must be addressed to your Local Authority as schools do not have any involvement in this part of the process.
Thank you for your understanding at this difficult time.
15th July 2020
The online Registration Form will be available to you to register your child from 1 May 2020 until 14th August 2020. Please click on the link below if you wish to register your child for the Selective Eligibility being held in the autumn of 2020.
You must register and upload a digital photograph in order for your child to be invited to the SET in September 2020.
For 2022 entry - please note the SET will be held on Tuesday 14 September 2021.
Please now read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) below for information regarding the SET.
- The Selective Eligibility Test (SET) - Overview
- Who are the 'participating Schools' in the Selective Eligibility Test?
- If my child passes the Selective Eligibility Test does that mean they have a place at my chosen school?
- Further Testing for Boys
- Further Testing for Girls
- How do I apply for a place at Wallington County Grammar School?
- I am also interested in a place at one or more of the other participating schools do I need to complete a separate form for them too?
- Do I need to complete a Supplementary Form for Wallington County Grammar School?
- What if I am only interested in a place at one or two of the participating schools?
- What if I change my mind or am not seriously interested in any of the participating schools?
- How do I register twins or two or more children in the same school year?
- Can my child sit the test if they are not in Year 6 at the time of the tests?
- Why is there a question on the registration form about Pupil Premium/Free School Meals (FSM)?
- What is Pupil Premium
- How do I find out if my child has triggered Pupil Premium/Free Schools Meals (FSM)?
- I am having trouble with the online registration form. What should I do?
- When is the Selective Eligibility Test?
- What is in the Selective Eligibility Test?
- Can I get specimen papers or sample questions for the Selective Eligibility Test?
- Are there any other opportunities to sit the Selective Eligibility Test?
- Where will my child sit the Selective Eligibility Test?
- Can I request that my child sits the Selective Eligibility Test at a particular venue?
- I have been allocated a particular venue for my child to sit the Selective Eligibility Test but I am not interested in a place at that school?
- My child is at school abroad. Is it possible for my child to sit the SET at his/her current school?
- Can we request a morning or afternoon slot for the Selective Eligibility Test?
- What if my child has an Education Health and Care Plan? (EHCP)
- What if my child has special needs or medical requirements that I think should be taken into account for the Selective Eligibility Test?
- What should my child bring with them to the Selective Eligibility Test?
- Can my child bring their medication (e.g. EpiPen, inhaler) with them to the Selective Eligibility Test?
- What should I do if my child is ill on the day of the Selective Eligibility Test?
- What happens if my child is unwell during the Selective Eligibility Test?
- What is the pass mark for the Selective Eligibility Test?
- Do you offer a review or re-marking service?
- Does my child have to pass each paper in the Selective Eligibility Test?
- Does my son’s score in the Selective Eligibility Test count towards his score in the second stage Entrance Examinations at Sutton Grammar School and Wilson’s School?
- Do you make allowances for age (as in a child whose birthday is at one end of the school year)?
- When and how do I find out the outcome of the Selective Eligibility Test?
- Will I be given details of my child’s results of the Selective Eligibility Test?
- If your child meets the required standard for at least one participating school
- If your child does not meet the required standard for any of the participating schools
- What happens if my child does not pass the Selective Eligibility Test?
- When will I receive an offer of a school place?
- I have a question which isn’t covered here; what should I do?
- Key dates document for Year 5 parents