Biology Technician (Part-time)
Required for September 2021
Salary: Grade 5/6 points 11-20 paid pro rata
£8508 - £9989 Actual salary; per annum, dependent upon skills and experience
Term Time only – 14.5 hours per week
Thursday & Friday preferable; may be flexibility
We are seeking to appoint a part-time Biology Technician to maintain the existing continuous and efficient service in light of the current postholder’s retirement. This is your opportunity to work with committed and high attaining secondary school students as part of a highly skilled and cohesive team of teachers and support staff.
Previous experience of working within an educational setting is desirable, but not essential (training will be provided). You will have exceptional organisational and communication skills and be able to work under pressure to prioritise and manage conflicting demands whilst remaining calm.
The key focuses of this role will be:
- To act as a Technician for the Subject Area for Biology (and where necessary offer support for Physics and Biology), and provide administrative support for the School’s STEM Coordinator and support the supervision of STEM educational activities across the School. (STEM = Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics);
- Manage the technical, administrative and resource provision within Biology;
- Support teaching staff during lessons in the provision of Biology across the age and ability range.
Wallington County Grammar School is one of the most successful schools in the country. Our motto is Per Ardua ad Summa, “Through Difficulties to the Heights”, which our exceptional students exemplify each and every day. Their success, and that of our staff has been recognised by Ofsted, grading the School ‘outstanding’ in all areas. This success is born from a strong set of values centred around compassion for one another, commitment to all we do, courage in facing life’s many challenges and creativity to succeed in a global 21st century society.
We are a highly selective school, admitting 150 young men from across London and the South East into Year 7 and admitting young women into the Sixth Form. We have a well-balanced, academic curriculum centred around developing scholarship and creativity which, when combined with innovative and forward thinking pedagogy, makes Wallington County Grammar School, an extremely stimulating environment in which to work.
Advantages and benefits
- Working with high attaining and committed young men and women;
- Joining an established cross trust team of professionals
- Access to a Charter Marked CPD programme (Silver Status);
- Amenities and benefits including priority entry for children of staff; onsite parking; Ride to Work Scheme; Employee Assistance Programme and a School gym;
- A firm commitment to staff wellbeing and work life balance.
- A leafy setting on the edge of the beautiful Beddington Park easy access to both central London and the Surrey countryside;
Please note, in compliance with safer recruitment guidelines, we only accept applications made on the School’s official application form which is available on this page. The completed form should be submitted to email@example.com.
For enquiries regarding the role please contact Mrs Jo Johnson, HR Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date: 12 noon, Wednesday 7th July 2021
Folio Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The recruitment process will include an enhanced DBS check, medical screening, confirmation of right to work in the UK and all other pre-employment checks in line with safer recruitment requirements.
The Candidate Privacy Notice is published on our web site www.wcgs-sutton.co.uk/Opportunities
At Folio Education Trust we believe that all individuals are of equal value and we are committed to equal opportunities for all. All people who work and study in the school have the right to be respected and valued within a safe and secure environment and not to be discriminated against on the grounds of age, class, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation and religion or belief.