Teacher of Art
Teacher of Art (and Design and Technology desirable)
We would welcome applicants for a part-time (0.6 minimum) or full-time position with the ability to teach Design and Technology or a second subject desirable.
Post available on Teachers Main and Upper Pay Scales (Outer London)
This is your opportunity to teach some of the most committed and talented young artists in the country as part of a highly skilled, cohesive department.
The key focus of this role will be to:
- Plan, deliver and teach Art and Design lessons across all key stages, helping develop a post-pandemic 'recovery' curriculum;
- To promote the subject through extra-curricular activities, trip planning and strong relationships with pupils and parents;
- To increase participation and raise attainment at KS4 and KS5.
Wallington County Grammar School is one of the most successful schools in the country. Our motto is Per Ardua ad Summa, Through Difficulties to the Heights, which our exceptional students exemplify each and every day. Their success and that of our staff has been recognised by Ofsted, grading the school ‘outstanding’ in all areas, and more recently by the Secretary of State for Education who presented the school with the 2019 Evening Standard Award for School Achievement. This success is born from a strong set of values centred around compassion for one another, commitment to all we do, courage in facing life’s many challenges and creativity to succeed in a global 21st century society.
We are a highly selective school, admitting 150 young men from across London and the South East into Year 7 and admitting young women into the Sixth Form. We have a well-balanced, academic curriculum centred around developing scholarship and creativity which, when combined with innovative and forward thinking pedagogy, makes Wallington County Grammar School, an extremely stimulating environment in which to work. Advantages of joining our exceptional team of staff include:
● working with able and committed young men and women;
● the ability to teach your subject to the highest possible levels in secondary education, preparing students for undergraduate study at the best universities in the world;
● opportunities for rapid promotion both within the school and the wider Folio Trust;
● access to a Charter Marked CPD programme (Silver Status) that includes nine INSET days a year and a commitment to subject specific professional learning;
● a leafy setting on the edge of the beautiful Beddington Park with outer London pay and easy access to both central London and the Surrey countryside;
● a superb graduate programme through Teacher Apprenticeship and Schools Direct routes;
● a close affiliation with the Institute for Education with the School leading local provision of the National Qualifications for Middle and Senior Leadership as well as leading the Borough’s English and Science School Centred Teacher Training;
● amenities and benefits including priority entry for children of staff; onsite parking; Ride to Work Scheme; Employee Assistance Programme and a School gym;
● a firm commitment to staff wellbeing and work life balance.
An application pack may be downloaded from the School website at https://www.wcgs-sutton.co.uk/career-opportunities. Please note an application form must be completed for this post and should be returned email@example.com as soon as possible but no later than the closing date. Candidates may be called for an interview upon receipt of their application. A Statement of Suitability addressed to the Headmaster is required as part of the application.
Unfortunately we are currently unable to offer visits to the School. If you have any questions related to this vacancy please contact Miss Laura Musselbrook (Subject Leader of Art) at firstname.lastname@example.org or Mrs Duvessa Owen (Deputy Headteacher) at email@example.com.
Closing Date: 9am, Monday 22nd February 2021
We reserve the right to interview and appoint before the closing date should there be a suitable candidate and therefore advise that applications should be submitted as soon as possible.
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The recruitment process will include an enhanced DBS check, medical screening, confirmation of right to work in the UK and all other pre- employment checks in line with safer recruitment requirements.