Sixth Form Enrichment
Students in sixth form will be able to choose an enrichment option in addition to their studies. Enrichment is the opportunity, within the school day, to engage in activities beyond the curriculum.
It is an opportunity to enrich and enhance a student's education and to develop their skills and knowledge as people as well as providing the opportunities to stretch their learning and develop skills as independent learners.
There are three enrichment strands:
- Strand 1: Public Lectures
- Strand 2: Games
- Strand 3: Option choices
Public Lectures will take place each week unless otherwise stated. They will be on a range of topics and usually conducted by outside speakers. Please see below for the schedule of speakers of this coming half term.
Rugby - Regular training and fixtures as part of the schools 1st and 2nd XV.
Netball - Regular training and fixtures as part of the school's netball squad.
There are also a number of places available in different programmes being run by different members of staff. The option choices or this year are:
- Performing Arts with Miss Williams and Miss Weddell
- Humanities Challenge with Mr Jones
- STEP Preparation with Miss Bird
- Cooking at University with Miss Nunes and Miss Khan
- Engineering with Mr Cameron
- Medicine and Extended Project Qualification with Dr Meek