WCGS PTFA familiarisation tests give boys and girls in Year 5 an opportunity to experience what it is like to sit an 11+ entrance examination. The tests are designed to provide a learning experience for your child, helping to prepare them for what they will encounter when sitting real entrance exams.
2022 Familiarisation Tests
About the tests
The tests will be held at Wallington County Grammar School. Tests went on sale on this website at noon (12pm) on 1 January 2022.
We will be offering two different tests. Test A will consist of one Maths paper and one English paper. Test B will consist of a different Maths and English paper. The English and Maths papers will each last 40 minutes with a short break between them.
Both Test A and Test B will be multiple choice and will be set to the same standard based on the Key Stage 2 curriculum. Please note that the papers do not mimic the exact format of any particular school's entrance examinations.
Comprehensive feedback will be provided for each child for both papers as outlined in the "Test Results" section below.
The price of each test session (which includes both an English and a maths paper) is £42.50. A number of free test places will be available for children eligible for pupil premium funding or free school meals; details of how to apply for these free places is set out below.
We will be holding morning and afternoon sessions on the following dates in 2022 :
|Test A||Sat 14 May||Sold out||Sold out|
|Sun 15 May||Sold out||Sold out|
|Sat 21 May||Sold out||Sold out|
|Sun 22 May||Sold out||Sold out|
|Sat 4 June||Sold out||Sold out|
|Test B||Sun 5 June||Sold out||Sold out|
|Sat 25 June||Sold out||Sold out|
|Sun 26 June||Sold out||Sold out|
|Sat 2 July||Sold out||Sold out|
|Sun 3 July||Sold out||Sold out|
The morning tests will begin at 9:30am and will be finished by 11:15am. The afternoon sessions will start at 1:30pm and will finish at 3:15pm.
You may book either test for your child or you may wish to consider booking both tests. Please note that when booking you may book multiple dates for the same child before paying, however if you are booking for more than one child you will need to book and pay for each child separately.
- Test A results will be published shortly after the completion of all Test A sessions; similarly Test B results will be published after all Test B sessions have finished.
- An overview of each child's results will be sent out by email to the email address used when making the test booking. In addition, results for all candidates will be published on this website by candidate number and will be available for download in both pdf and Excel formats.
- The following feedback will be provided for each child:
- Raw scores in English and Maths
- Standardised score in English and Maths and a combined overall score
- A breakdown of the child's score by topic for both the English and Maths papers to help identify areas where the child did well or where perhaps more attention is required
- Feedback on the number of questions for which no mark was awarded (eg. incorrect answer given, no answer given)
- To help understand each child's performance relative to those sitting each test the following information will also be published:
- The standardised score for each candidate by candidate number together with each child's relative ranking within the cohort sitting the test
- The average raw English and Maths scores
- The test papers are the property of the PTFA and will not be made available to parents, tutors or any third party
Pupil Premium/Free School Meals
As in previous years, students in Year 5 who are eligible for Pupil Premium Funding or Free School Meals will be able to apply to sit one Test A for free. Parents will be able to apply for one of these PTFA funded places in the following way:
- For students whose school receives Pupil Premium Funding you will need a letter from your child's school to prove they receive pupil premium for them. Please then email this letter to us at: email@example.com and we will be in touch with the next step.
- For students currently eligible for Free School Meals please visit https://pps.lgfl.org.uk, enter your details and either take a photograph or screenshot of the page that shows your entitlement to Free School Meals. Please then email this to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be in touch with the next step.
Successful applicants will be given a confirmation code to enable them to book a Test A place at no cost to them. Please note that this must be obtained prior to booking.
- Please do NOT contact Wallington County Grammar School about these tests. If you have any queries please email: email@example.com
- Wallington County Grammar School will be used only as a venue for the tests. The staff of the School are not involved in the writing or marking of papers and are not used for invigilation purposes.
- Further information can be found on our FAQs page