2021 FAMILIARISATION TESTS
Update: 15 June 2021
Following the Government's announcement that lockdown restrictions won't now be lifted until 19 July, we won't be able to go ahead with the familiarisation tests planned for 26/27 June and 3/4 July. We are currently considering whether the tests will simply need to be cancelled or whether it might be possible to offer alternative dates. We will provide a further update as soon as possible and we will also email those who have booked with us directly once the position is clearer.
Update: 3 June 2021
All test places have now been sold. We won't be adding any additional dates, however, if any booking is cancelled we will put it back on sale on this website at 8pm on the day of cancellation.
Update: 31 May 2021
Our booking system will be available to take bookings at the bottom of this page from 12 o'clock (noon) today.
Update: 30 May 2021
WCGS PTFA intends to run 'Familiarisation Tests' or 'mock exams' to give both boys and girls currently in Year 5 an opportunity to experience what it is like to sit an 11+ Entrance Examination. The tests are designed to provide a learning experience for your child, helping to prepare them for what they will encounter when sitting real entrance exams.
The tests are being planned/sold on the basis that the Government roadmap to Covid-19 lockdown easing will be achieved as currently set out. If Government advice changes and we are either not allowed to hold our Familiarisation Tests or the restrictions are such that we are not able to comply with them, we reserve the right to cancel any or all of the tests. In such cases anyone who has bought a test will be advised using the email address they provided at the time of booking and they will be given a full refund.
We hope to go live to take bookings on either 31st May or 1 June. This website will be updated as soon as our preparations are completed and we can give a firm time and date for our booking system to open. The link to our booking system will be added to this webpage once we go live.
About the tests
The test will be held at Wallington County Grammar School in the main school hall (these are NOT online tests).
This year we will only be offering one test consisting of one Maths paper and one English paper. Both the English and Maths parts of the test are multiple choice and will each last 40 minutes with a short break between them. The tests are based on the Key Stage 2 curriculum.
Comprehensive feedback will be provided for each child for both papers as outlined in the "Test Results" section below.
The price of each test (consisting of one English and one Maths paper) will be £40, however a number of free test places will be available for those eligible for free school meals or pupil premium funding (see below).
We will be holding morning and afternoon sessions on the following dates in 2021:
|Saturday 26 June||Sold out||Sold out|
|Sunday 27 June||Sold out||Sold out|
|Saturday 3 July||Sold out||Sold out|
|Sunday 4 July||Sold out||Sold out|
Please do not book more than one test for the same child. All tests that will be held on the above four dates are identical therefore there is no benefit in a child attending more than one test session.
- Test results will be published shortly after the completion of all test sessions.
- An overview of each child's results will be sent out by email to the email address used when making the test booking. In addition, results for all candidates will be published on this website by candidate number and will be available for download in both pdf and Excel formats.
- The following feedback will be provided for each child:
- Raw scores in English and Maths
- Standardised score in English and Maths and a combined overall score
- A breakdown of the child's score by topic for both the English and Maths papers to help identify areas where the child did well or where perhaps more attention is required
- Feedback on the number of questions for which no mark was awarded due to either no answer or multiple answers being provided
- To help understand each child's performance relative to those sitting each test the following information will also be published:
- The standardised score for each candidate by candidate number together with each child's relative ranking within the cohort sitting the test
- The average raw English and Maths scores
- The test papers are the property of the PTFA and will not be made available to parents, tutors or any third party
Pupil Premium/Free School Meals
As in previous years, students in Year 5 who are eligible for Pupil Premium Funding or Free School Meals will be able to apply to sit one test for free. Parents will be able to apply for one of these PTFA funded places in the following way:
- For students whose school receives Pupil Premium Funding you will need a letter from your child's school to prove they receive pupil premium for them. Please then email this letter to us at: email@example.com and we will be in touch with the next step.
- For students currently eligible for Free School Meals please visit https://pps.lgfl.org.uk, enter your details and either take a photograph or screenshot of the page that shows your entitlement to Free School Meals. Please then email this to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be in touch with the next step.
Successful applicants will be given a confirmation code to enable them to book a test place at no cost to them. Please note that this must be obtained prior to booking.
- Please do NOT contact Wallington County Grammar School about these tests. If you have any queries please email: email@example.com
- Wallington County Grammar School will be used only as a venue for the tests. The staff of the School are not involved in the writing or marking of papers and are not used for invigilation purposes.
- Further information can be found on our FAQs page
- We have no involvement in the Selective Eligibility Test (SET) and we have no information on the status of that test.